- To develop School Library into a resource centre where teachers and students can get easy access to a wide variety of appropriate resources such as reading materials, audio visual aids, and electronic resources beneficial to their teaching and learning processes respectively
- To cultivate a love of reading in students and a realisation that reading is an integral part of the life-long learning process
Purpose of the School Library
- To select, assess and acquire library materials in various formats to meet the needs in our school.
- To implement a range of reading activities of different scales which are conducive to the promotion of a reading culture as well as the development of a self-motivated reading habit in students.
- Ms Leung Chong Yi (Teacher-Librarian)
- Ms Chim Sau Ching (Clerical Assistant)
Types of Activities
- DEAR period
- DIY Crusader Award Scheme
- Annual Chinese and English Book Fair
- Hall Assembly – Reading Talk
- New Title Promotion Week
- Book Display – Teachers’ Book Recommendation Scheme
- Best Reader Award Scheme (Individual)
- Best Reader Award Scheme (Class)
- Book Hunt Day
- Bookcrossing Gallery
- Book Charm
- 3A Wu Cheuk Fung Jeffrey (2020-2021) and 1C Lui Ching Yi Teresa (2020-2021) were awarded MySmartSTEAM Online Cross-Curricular Reading Scheme – “Extensive Reading Award” organised by Smart Education.
- 6B Mo Shuk Ki (2012-2013) was awarded the 1st Runner-up of English Section (Extensive Reading Section, Senior Division) in the 27th Annual Book Report Competition for Secondary School Students organised by The Commercial Press (H.K.) Ltd, Hong Kong Educational Publishing Company, Commercial (H.K.) Cyberbooks Ltd.
- Ms Leung Chong Yi and Ms Mak Mei Lin were awarded Certificate of Merit in the In-service Group of Teaching Resources Award Scheme 2009/10 organised by HKEdCity, The Hong Kong Association for Computer Education.