Strengthening School Administration Management Grant (SSAM)
Work Plan on the Use of Strengthening School Administration Management Grant
We CNEC Christian College have read and understand the stipulations stated in the EDB Circular Memorandum No.21/2016 on Strengthening School Administration Management (SAM) Grant. The following work plan on the use of the SAM Grant is drawn up after consultation with the teachers:
After reviewing the operation of the school, the measures below will be devised to enhance the overall effectiveness in student support/teaching-related administrative work, especially in reducing the administrative workload of accessing/retrieving student information, to enhance the effectiveness in information management and communications, and facilitate the efficiency in communications between parents and school, and between staff.
|Area **||Expected Results||Item||Evaluation Criteria (Indicator)||Budget||Sustainable Development Plan|
|Administrative mechanism and communications |
|• The administrative workload in distributing the school circulars / announcements to parents and collecting the reply slips can be significantly reduced. |
• It is more convenient for parents to read and reply to the circulars / announcements.
|• To adopt the electronic system (eClass Parent App) for parents to view school circulars / announcement / event etc. |
• Message notification function for individual parents.
|• The clerical staff responsible for the distributing the school circulars / announcements to parents and collecting the reply slips agrees that the workload in handling this matter has been significantly reduced. |
• In general, parents welcome this arrangement and the average replying rate (no need for further reminder by the school) of the school circulars is higher than 70%.
(651-999 users) for 3-year services contract
|• If this measure is welcome by the stakeholders, it will be continued so that the workload of the corresponding clerical staff can be reduced and the effectiveness of distributing the school circulars / announcements to parents and collecting the reply slips can be enhanced.|
|Administrative mechanism and communications|
|• The communication between teachers and parents can be enhanced. |
• The communication between staff can be enhanced.
|• To develop and adopt smartphone Teacher App for School-Parent communication and School-Teacher communication.||• The teachers and parents concerned agree that the communication between them is improved||$11,250 |
(51-75 users) for 3-year services contract
|• If this measure is welcome by both the teachers and parents, it will be continued so that the communication between teachers and parents can be enhanced.|
|Information management and communication |
|• To enhance the administrative effectiveness in student and staff attendance taking by integrating the current attendance taking system to the current information management and communication system. |
• To reduce the communication efforts with parents of students’ attendance.
|• To adopt an electronic student and staff attendance taking system that can work well with smartphone/mobile tablet/desktop computer with easy to use interface. The system could be integrated easily to our existing information management and communication system.||• All students’ daily attendance taking could be done easily by mobile devices.|
• By using integrated data and communication system, the administrative workload of staff is reduced.
• More than 70% of teachers opine that the newly adopted e-attendance system has easy accessibility.
Procuring an integrated e-attendance system for students
to purchase new computers for operation
(Total = $58,056)
|• The electronic system will continue to be utilized to handle students’ fee collection.
• The workload of the supporting staff will be lighter in handling the communication system.
|Student support / teaching-related administrative work|
|• To enhance the administrative effectiveness in student/alumni information management through the use of |
|• Develop an electronic system of high security and efficiency with access rights granted as appropriate to store/retrieve student/alumni information systematically.|
• Employ a part-time clerical assistant to handle the work related to the information management electronic system and establish procedural guidelines
|• Student/alumni information can be digitized and a framework with index system can be created to facilitate the managing, distributing, storing, and retrieving of student/alumni information; and related procedural guidelines can be established |
• More than 70% of the staff opine that the electronic system can enhance the efficiency of the administrative work of student/alumni information
(MPF included) Salary for clerical assistant for 6 months in digitizing and recording student / alumni information
to purchase new server and software to host data system
|• The electronic system will continue to be utilized to manage student/alumni information
• Other supporting staff in the school will continue to assist the enhancement and management of student / other information; they will also continue to adopt and update related guidelines
** Examples: Administrative procedure and framework / mechanism, financial management, student support / teaching-related administrative work, information management and communications, and school premises management.